'Need For Speed' for the real world

|
Yesterday was a momentous day. I was too excited to even post a blog coz I was playing around with my real life hummer H1 using my computer. Yes, I've finally setup a PC controller for my RC car and have been messing around with the signal pulses that it sends. Granted that the car didn't respond too well initially, it just needed a few quick adjustments in the signal transmitting code to produce a smooth acceleration in the car. Furthermore, I needed to figure out a more efficient turning mechanism because like many I/O boards the response usually requires a small delay in the pulses sent otherwise the board shorts and asks for re-initialization.

Having progressed this far I decided to cut myself a bit of slack, just for a day though, and hooked up my wireless camera with the car and setup a life-like car simulation where I tried to maneuver through chairs, tables and boxes that were carelessly strewn about in my apartment. The feeling was quite exhilarating and the sight that RoboRealm provided was remarkable; except for seeing my roommate walking out of his room wearing only boxers heading for the shower. Anyways, this week has been very productive for me having accomplished several little tasks that were pending for quite some time. I've almost setup a GUI interface that shows me the different video outputs that RoboRealm processes and have most of the commands running from a single program as opposed to manually running each program separately (RR, MATLAB code and GUI interface, C++ code).

Now its finally time to conjure a brain for the car that can make it a 'treat' for those geek news sites, tech blogs and the 'geeks' obviously. Keep commenting and expect more frequent updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

plz share the c++ code for remote controlled car

Anonymous said...

Apply for Paycheck cash advances up to $1500 and you will be approved. Should I Use My Money in Savings to Pay Down My Credit Card hear what you.