I've been a loyal ubuntu fan for over 2 years now. With every linux distribution comes the power of customization which I recently discovered was my main argument for loathing windows and embracing linux in the form of Ubuntu. Anyways, I've recently been tinkering with the desktop notifications provided via libnotify. The feature of an unintrusive notification system can be taken to great lengths by incorporating some intriguing ideas.
Some interesting tweaks/implementations I currently enjoy with this feature are:
- Listening in on tweets
- IM notifications
Some features that may be fun to implement:
- Messaging between local computers. Technically the message self-destructs in 5 seconds.
- Gmail notification/message previewing
- RSS feed reader (currently I use it in the form of tweets of blogs i.e. engadget, lifehacker, nytimes)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Technology really has become one with our daily lives, and I think it is safe to say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.
I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about almost every day.
(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] DS SKu2)
Post a Comment